Flotrex-AP (FAP) filters are constructed with gradient density, thermally bonded polypropylene microfiber media for exceptional dirt holding capacity, long life and absolute particle retention.
Constructed with gradient density thermally-bonded polypropylene microfiber media, absolute-rated Flotrex-AP (FAP) filters combine exceptional solids-holding capacities with precise micron retention ratings. The FAP filters are constructed of FDA acceptable high-purity polypropylene. FAP filters are absolute-rated for air, gas and liquid filtration with low pressure drop across the wide range of 0.65 to 40 microns. Sheets of melt-blown media are layered to provide absolute particle retention, high solids loading and long service life.
Flotrex-AP filters are specifically designed for pharmaceutical prefiltration. Typical applications include:
- Prefiltration and Final Chemical Filtration broad chemical compatibility
- Prefiltration of Pharmaceuticals and Biological Fluids dependable protection for final filters
- Bottled Water Final Filtration demonstrated cyst removal using 1 micron absolute-rated filter (FAP01)
- High Throughput for Beer Filtration
- Maximum Forward Differential Pressure – 60 psi (4.14 bar)
- Maximum Reverse Differential Pressure – 30 psi (2.07 bar)
- Maximum OperatingTemperature – 180F (82C) at 10 psid (0.69 bar) in water
Flotrex-AP filters may be autoclaved (121C, [250F] 30 minute cycles) or in-situ steam sterilized (125C, [257F] 30 minute cycles) for a maximum accumulated exposure of 10 hours. Alternatively, the filters may be sanitized with compatible chemical agents.
GE Osmonics certifies that the materials contained in its Flotrex AP pleated filters meet U.S. FDA requirements for food contact under the applicable regulations in 21 CFR. For further information, contact the GE Osmonics Technical Services Department. Flotrex-AP filters meet the test criteria for USP class VI-121C Plastics.
Aqueous extracts from Flotrex-AP filters contain less than 0.25 EU/ml. The filters typically exhibit low levels of non-volatile residues.
GE Osmonics filter cartridges are designed and manufactured for resistance to a wide range of chemical solutions. Conditions will vary with each application and users should carefully verify chemical compatibility.